How to get to Udine
Udine lies in the middle of Friuli Venezia Giulia and can be reached from all directions. Here’s a list of the means of transport and the roads that can be used to reach this beautiful city.
Thanks to good national railway connections, Udine can be reached by train from any Italian and European city through different train operators. If you are coming by plane, you can reach Udine by taking the train from the railway stations of Treviso (90 minutes, 10,60 €) or Venice (about 2 hours, 12,30 €).
- Trenitalia - travels throughout Italy (regional and high speedy service)
- Italo - travels throughout Italy but only offers some routes (high speedy service)
If you’re looking for the best solution, use the comparison shopping website Trainline.
Udine is not served by an airport, but is close enough to the airports of Treviso (117km), Venice (121km) and Ronchi dei Legionari (33km). If you land on any of these airports you can take a train, coach, bus or car to take you directly to Udine.
- For more info about means of transport from the Treviso airport: Treviso Airport
- For more info about means of transport from the Venice airport: Venice Airport
- For more info about means of transport from the Ronchi Dei Legionari airport: Trieste Airport
Udine can also be reached through the service offered by the local transport company SAF or by the Venetian company ATVO, which is more useful as a shuttle from the airports of Treviso or Venice (Mestre).
- From the Venice airport to the Mestre railway station: € 8,00.
- From the airport of Treviso to the railway station: € 1,30 (city bus).
- From the Ronchi dei Legionari airport to Udine: € 4,75 (coach).
Another solution is the carpooling service Blablacar. The price depends on the driver but ois usually around 8 € from the airports of Treviso or Venice.
For more info, visit BlaBlaCar
- From the north (ie Austria) by taking the A23 motorway towards Udine or Venice
- From the west (es Venice) by taking the A4 motorway towards Trieste and then keeping left until the crossroads in Palmanova, following the directions for the E55 motorway towards Udine/Tarvisio/Austria
- From the east (ie Slovenia) by taking the A34 motorway towards Venice/Udine, then following the E55/A23 motorway towards Udine/Tarvisio/Austria